POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request: Optional Fisheye Confinement : Re: Request: Optional Fisheye Confinement Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:08:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request: Optional Fisheye Confinement
From: Rune
Date: 24 Sep 2000 15:01:00
Message: <39ce4f6c@news.povray.org>
"Warp" wrote:
> Rune wrote:
> : In the fisheye camera type I'd like the confinement to a
> : circular area to be optional. I think that would make it
> : a much more useful camera type.
>
>   Are you sure the function used to calculate it allows this?

Yes, because it is already possible in an indirect way.
If you want to get rid of the circular confinement do this:

Render your image with double angle and in double resolution and use these
command line settings:
+sc0.25 +sr0.25 +ec0.75 +er0.75

Tada!

And I *have* tested it. It really is the same down to pixel level.

However, it's a bit tedious to remove the unused part of the image,
especially for animations. That's the reason I would like the confinement to
simply be optional. *I* wouldn't be surprised if it is very easy to do.

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated August 7)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org